You cannot rollover or transfer an account balance to another person's HSA. This would result in a taxable distribution (a distribution that was not used for a qualified medical expense) Rollovers and transfers are only tax free so long as they go from your existing HSA to another HSA set up in your name.

Anyone can contribute to someone's HSA, just not from their own HSA.

Did this answer your question?