Either through payroll deductions and/or contributions you set up for yourself from within your Starship account (one time or recurring monthly contributions).
How to set up one time or monthly recurring contributions:
Log in to your Starship account to see your balance and adjust your recurring contributions by:
- Tap the "+" funding button on the home screen.
- Tap "Contribute" (select one time or monthly)
- Set your One time or Monthly Contribution amount by moving the slider (set it to $0 if you want to pause it)
- Payroll deductions: If your employer offers the option, you may specify a regular contribution to be deducted from your paycheck. This contribution will be made before Social Security, federal, and most state income taxes are deducted. Deposits may be made periodically or in a lump sum, but only up to the contribution limits set by the IRS.
- Can I make a contributions outside of my payroll deduction?
Yes, absolutely. Even if you already receive payroll deductions through your employer, there may be instances where you want to make a one-time contribution outside of your payroll.
A few things to keep in mind if you do this:
- Since one-time contributions are made with post-tax funds (money you've already paid taxes on), you won't get the tax benefits until you file your taxes for that year.
- Starship will let you contribute up to your maximum contribution rate
- You may still have contributions coming from your employer. If you're getting payroll deductions, it's always a good idea to check with HR before making a one-time contribution!